Lafayette Township, Ohio – Over 700 people feasted at Leadership Medina County’s first Food Truck Fest on June 8th at the Medina County University Center. It was almost a washout with a sudden storm right beforehand, but the clouds cleared just in time. The fest featured 5 food trucks including Barrio, Buehler’s, Twiisted, Kona Ice, and Zydeco Bistro. Biz Hive sponsored Giant Jenga, Connect Four, and Nate the Great, while Huntington National Bank brought the fun with Giant Plinko and Corn Hole. In addition to the food and games, Lafayette Fire Department and Medina Police Departments showed off their latest vehicles and Seville-Guilford Fire Department brought mascot, Marshall the Fire Dog. DJ extraordinaire, Kevin New of Dollar Bank, also kept the crowd entertained. All proceeds benefited Junior Leadership.
“The response from the community was off the charts,” Rice said. “People were smiling and happy to be out and enjoying some insanely great food and fun. We are already looking forward to hosting this event again next year.”
The crowd cheered as Medina County’s Special Olympics Powerlifting Team pulled the raffle tickets and announced the following raffle winners:
- Buckin’ Ohio Basket donated by Eileen Thorsell and won by Judy Zeszotek
- Japan Olympics Basket donated by Lee Pickler and won by Becca Liebler
- Buffalo Wild Wings Basket won by Peg Daust
- Joy of Medina County Basket won by Greta Hollis
- Made in Medina County Box donated by Baskets Galore and won by Rick Dumperth
- Pampered Chef Basket donated by Terri Greene and won by Jolene Butler
- Troy-Bilt Squall 208XP Snow Blower donated by MTD Products and won by Jeff Holland
- Cleveland Indians Tickets Basket donated by RPM and won by Steven Vadini
- Blossom Tickets donated by RPM and won by Jeff Wilson
- RPM Basket donated by RPM and won by Mark Priebe
- 50/50 won by Jim Cogley
- Seven Springs Vacation Raffle won by Brooke Mott
Thank you to the many volunteers and committee members who made this event possible: Kari Deeks, Westfield Bank; Bill Greene; Becky Hambley, Medina County Career Center; Jake Liebler; John Liebler, Retail Success Consulting; Rebecca Liebler; Jamie Marks, Fire-Dex, LLC; Cheryl Murrin, Westfield Bank; Kevin New, Dollar Bank; Jamie Stilla, Medina County District Library; Cindy Phillips, Huntington National Bank.
This event was sponsored by the University of Akron, Medina County University Center, Automation Tool & Die, Huntington National Bank, RPM International, Westfield Bank, Westfield Insurance, Sandridge Food Corporation, and Transitional Living Centers.
Leadership Medina County is a nonprofit organization that educates, connects, and involves leaders of all ages. For more information about Leadership Medina County, visit leadershipmedinacounty.org.