Policies and Commitments
At Leadership Medina County (LMC), your experience is our top priority. We strive to bring you exceptional class days and unparalleled interaction with community leaders. Your commitment to this program is just as important as ours. We request that to make the most of your year with LMC, you agree to the following policies.
Signature Program Policies
- Attendance at the opening retreat is mandatory.
- Class participants are permitted one day of absence over the course of the session days scheduled from September to May. Late arrivals and/or early departures from program days will be considered half-day absences. Program days are generally from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Missing more than one day from regular session days may result in dismissal from the program. Attendance policies will be flexible if sickness or other health emergencies prevents participants from attending a class day or a mandatory retreat (physician’s note may be required).
- If a participant chooses to withdraw from the program, they are required to withdraw because of attendance/other issues, or if they are unable to attend the opening retreat, their tuition will not be refunded. They will also be required to pay back any scholarship funds that they have received.
- During program sessions, the use of electronic devices for any purpose is strictly prohibited. There will be breaks throughout each day when you can conduct any necessary communications.
- Requests for deferrals and refunds will only be considered up to 30 days before the program or event starts.
- Leadership Medina County will adhere to CDC and government recommendations to ensure safe programming. Dates and class sizes may be adjusted based on recommendations from health experts. If this occurs, the executive director will you email you in advance.
- Some courses and events previously conducted in person may move to virtual formats in order to follow social distancing recommendations. For virtual formats, participants will be expected to have access to suitable technology for running virtual meeting platforms, as well as secure and reliable internet.
With Medina County’s rate of COVID cases decreasing, we are moving forward with masks being optional for our upcoming class days and events. Please be aware that the situation may change, dependent on conditions and recommendations by our county health department.
The CDC still recommends people not fully vaccinated and those fully vaccinated who have immunocompromised concerns for themselves or others they visit/live with, wear a mask in indoor spaces in order to maximize protection against the virus.
Transmission is down, but still considered high. Further information on the specific numbers can be found here:https://medinahealth.org/community/current-outbreaks/data/
Official recommendations can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html.
Assumption of Risk, Release and Waiver of Liability, and Indemnity Agreement (copy)
The following form is signed by each participant for Junior Leadership, LEAD Institute, and the Signature Class and is kept on file.
The undersigned acknowledges that novel coronavirus (''COVID-19") infections have been confirmed throughout the United States, including Ohio and Medina County. In accordance with the most recent guidelines and recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio and the Medina County Health Department for slowing the transmission of COVID19, the undersigned hereby agrees that neither the undersigned nor such participating children shall attend program events for fourteen (14) days after knowingly being exposed to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. Additionally, the undersigned agrees that neither the undersigned nor such participating children shall attend Leadership Medina County (LMC) program events if he or she (i) experiences symptoms of COVID-19, (i.e.: fever, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, or shortness of breath) or (ii) has a suspected or diagnosed/confirmed case of COVID-19. The undersigned agrees to notify LMC immediately if he or she believes that any of the foregoing restrictions may apply.
LMC has taken steps to implement recommendations issued by public health agencies for slowing the transmission of COVID-19. The undersigned acknowledges that LMC may revise its procedures at any time based on updated recommendations issued by public health agencies and further agrees to comply with LMC’s revised plans which could include social distancing, wearing cloth face coverings, using hand sanitizers, and being requested to have temperatures taken. The undersigned further acknowledges and agrees that, due to the nature of the facilities visited and programs offered by LMC, social distancing of six (6) feet per person among fellow participants or others is not always possible. The undersigned fully understands and appreciates both the known and potential dangers of participating in LMC’s programs in relation to COVID-19 and agrees to hold harmless LMC in light of reasonable efforts taken to mitigate such dangers.
The undersigned hereby releases and holds harmless, and agrees to indemnify LMC, its directors, employees, volunteers, agents, attorneys, and any of the fellow participants and their family members and guests, from all liability for any loss, damage, injury, illness, including death, and costs the undersigned and/or the undersigned’s children or guests may incur while participating in any LMC event or program. The undersigned understands and agrees that LMC is not required to provide insurance to cover the undersigned or such participating children in the event they suffer illness, injury, property loss, theft, or damage of any sort.
I have carefully read and voluntarily sign this assumption of risk, release and waiver of liability, and indemnity agreement. I am aware that by signing this agreement i am giving up valuable legal rights, including the right to recover damages from the organization in case of illness, injury, death or property loss or damage, including exposure to covid-19 at any lmc program or event and any illness, injury or death resulting therefrom. I understand that this document is a promise not to sue and a release of indemnification for all claims. If signing on behalf of minor: i also understand that this agreement is made on behalf of my minor child(ren) and/or legal wards and i represent and warrant to the organization that i have full authority to sign this agreement on behalf of such minor(s).
Signature and LEAD Institute Code of Conduct
At Leadership Medina County, we expect active participation in the program and acting with integrity, civility, respect, and trustworthiness.
- Be curious and listen to understand. Conversation is as much about listening as it is about talking. You might enjoy exploring how others’ experiences have shaped their values and perspectives.
- Show respect and suspend judgment. People tend to judge one another. Setting judgement aside opens you up to learning from others and makes them feel respected and appreciated. Try to truly listen, without interruption or crosstalk.
- Note any common ground as well as any differences. Look for areas of agreement or shared values that may arise and take an interest in the differing beliefs and opinions of others.
- Be authentic and welcome that from others. Share what’s important to you. Speak from your experience. Be considerate of others who are doing the same.
- Be purposeful and to the point. Do your best to keep your comments concise and relevant to the question you are answering. Be conscious of sharing airtime with other participants.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your participation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of honesty, morality, integrity and community leadership in all interactions with LMC classmates, staff, volunteers and presenters.
- Actively participate in all elements of the Leadership Medina County, including the class sessions, and the class project.
- Respect the rights of other classmates in regards to privacy and confidentiality.
Signature and LEAD Institute Rules for Dismissal
I understand that Leadership Medina County (LMC) may terminate my participation in LMC if the organization believes that I--at any time-- fail, refuse or neglect to conform to these personal and professional standards of conduct and community leadership.
I further understand that, if I am terminated from participation in the LMC Signature Program, I will still be responsible for full payment of my tuition and prior payments will not be refunded. If I was the recipient of a scholarship, I will be required to reimburse that scholarship amount to LMC.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact the Executive Director at email@example.com