Policies and Commitments
At Leadership Medina County (LMC), your experience is our top priority. We strive to bring you exceptional class days and unparalleled interaction with community leaders. Your commitment to this program is just as important as ours. We request that to make the most of your year with LMC, you agree to the following policies.
Assumption of Risk, Release and Waiver of Liability, and Indemnity Agreement
The undersigned hereby releases and holds harmless, and agrees to indemnify LMC, its directors, employees, volunteers, agents, attorneys, and any of the fellow participants and their family members and guests, from all liability for any loss, damage, injury, illness, including death, and costs the undersigned and/or the undersigned’s children or guests may incur while participating in any LMC event or program. The undersigned understands and agrees that LMC is not required to provide insurance to cover the undersigned or such participating children in the event they suffer illness, injury, property loss, theft, or damage of any sort. I understand that LMC follows recommendations issued by public health agencies which could include social distancing, wearing cloth face coverings, using hand sanitizers, and being requested to have temperatures taken.
I have carefully read and voluntarily sign this assumption of risk, release and waiver of liability, and indemnity agreement. I am aware that by signing this agreement I am giving up valuable legal rights, including the right to recover damages from the organization in case of illness, injury, death or property loss or damage, at any LMC program or event and any illness, injury or death resulting therefrom. I understand that this document is a promise not to sue and a release of indemnification for all claims. If signing on behalf of minor: I also understand that this agreement is made on behalf of my minor child(ren) and/or legal wards and i represent and warrant to the organization that I have full authority to sign this agreement on behalf of such minor(s).
Signature and LEAD Institute Code of Conduct
At Leadership Medina County, we expect active participation in the program and acting with integrity, civility, respect, and trustworthiness.
- Be curious and listen to understand. Conversation is as much about listening as it is about talking. You might enjoy exploring how others’ experiences have shaped their values and perspectives.
- Show respect and suspend judgment. People tend to judge one another. Setting judgement aside opens you up to learning from others and makes them feel respected and appreciated. Try to truly listen, without interruption or crosstalk.
- Note any common ground as well as any differences. Look for areas of agreement or shared values that may arise and take an interest in the differing beliefs and opinions of others.
- Be authentic and welcome that from others. Share what’s important to you. Speak from your experience. Be considerate of others who are doing the same.
- Be purposeful and to the point. Do your best to keep your comments concise and relevant to the question you are answering. Be conscious of sharing airtime with other participants.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your participation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of honesty, morality, integrity and community leadership in all interactions with LMC classmates, staff, volunteers and presenters.
- Actively participate in all elements of the Leadership Medina County program, including the class sessions, and the class project.
- Respect the rights of other classmates in regards to privacy and confidentiality.
Signature and LEAD Institute Rules for Dismissal
I understand that Leadership Medina County (LMC) may terminate my participation in LMC if the organization believes that I--at any time-- fail, refuse or neglect to conform to these personal and professional standards of conduct and community leadership.
I further understand that, if I am terminated from participation in the LMC Signature Program or LEAD Institute, I will still be responsible for full payment of my tuition and prior payments will not be refunded. If I was the recipient of tuition assistance, I will be required to reimburse that tuition assistance amount to LMC.
More than one absence could disqualify a program participant from graduating from the program. Opening Retreat is mandatory.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org