Organization’s Mission: ORMACO’s mission is to make music, arts and culture accessible to all, with a focus on underserved, disadvantaged and rural populations.
Responsibilities: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Assistant provides a variety of support services and assists with program development and delivery. The individual must have excellent customer relation skills, knowledge of office systems, procedures and computers.
Primary areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Trustees as appropriate.
- Performs administrative duties to support daily business activities.
- Manages Spingo Event Management system – Inputs all details of upcoming events into the Spingo System.
- Collaborates and has a clear line of communication with Graphic Designer and Web and Social Media Coordinator to ensure a seamless implementation of all components (e.g. event tiles/graphics and banners.
- Assists with writing and distributing press releases.
- Assists with executing and managing artist and vendor contracts.
- Assists with grant writing and follow-up reports, including sourcing of new grant opportunities.
- Posts events to social media, event calendars, media outlets, and other relevant places in a timely manner to ensure coverage.
- Creates Excel Spreadsheet sign-up forms for events, tracks and supplies information to web manager for input into Constant Contact database.
- Creates and maintains a Volunteer Spreadsheet and shares with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assists with updating and managing Constant Contact database in conjunction with web manager.
- Maintains and updates organizational documents, lists and manuals.
- Conducts all business at the highest standard of integrity ensuring that all activities are legal and ethical.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with significant experience in the arts or a related area; prior experience as an arts administrator.
- Proficient at MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and phone skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving internal and external clients.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative; ability to learn quickly.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain office and file systems (paper and electronic).
- Knowledge of ORMACO’s service area and the arts within it.
- Non-profit experience, working with volunteers and/or marketing experience preferred.