Posted by Colleen Rice
The Board is comprised of 25 county leaders in health, agriculture, local government, marketing, education, nonprofit, business, and industry. It recently voted to improve the board’s diversity by adding Junior Leadership and Emerging Leaders voices to the board. Leadership Medina County announces the appointment of five new members to its Board of Trustees: John Hojnacki, University of Akron student and Junior Leadership Medina County alumnus, Connie King, Director of Professional Development, Baldwin Wallace University, Lee Pickler, Professor, Baldwin Wallace University, Beth Shotwell, Executive Assistant/Event Coordinator, Medina Creative Housing, and Eileen Thorsell, Owner, Buckin’ Ohio.
The Board of Trustees provides governance and recommendations on how to address the opportunities and challenges of community leadership and scale Leadership Medina County’s unique programming.
Funded by alumni, foundations, and sponsors, Leadership Medina County has taken on the mission to educate, connect and involve community leaders for the past 25 years.
“We believe that infusing the best practices of community leadership into high school students, young professionals, and existing leaders will help them gain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes they need to solve problems, make connections, and improve the quality of life in our community,” said Colleen Rice, Executive Director.
“The members of the Leadership Medina County Board of Trustees are essential to help us connect with industry leaders to achieve this vision. We are thrilled to welcome these five leaders to our Board.”
Leadership Medina County’s Board of Trustee members are:
- President Valerie Rapp, Homestead Insurance Agency
- Vice-President Susan Ungham, Retired
- Treasurer Dean Harris, METRO Regional Transit Authority
- Secretary Ben Faris, Black & Veatch
- Past President Joseph McNeill, Westfield Bank
- Steven Chrisman, Medina County Career Center
- Tracy Crandall, RPM International Inc.
- Sharon Danko, Medina County Probate & Juvenile Court
- Richard Dumperth, Wolff Bros. Supply, Inc.
- Teresa Grimm, Westfield Insurance
- John Hojnacki, Junior Leadership Medina County Graduate
- J. Jeffrey Holland, Holland & Muirden, Attorneys at Law
- Keith Hughes, Meaden & Moore, Ltd.
- Kurt Kappa, Westfield Bank
- Connie King, Baldwin Wallace University
- David McCarthy, Rea & Associates, Inc.
- Claus Meyer, Raymond James
- Kimberly Bolas Miller, FirstMerit Bank, N.A.
- Dave Mueller, RICO Manufacturing, Inc.
- Janie Parish, Wadsworth Chamber of Commerce
- Johanna Perrino, WCTV / The City of Wadsworth
- Lee Pickler, Baldwin Wallace University
- Joseph Race, The Allen Thomas Group
- Beth Shotwell, Medina Creative Housing
- Eileen Thorsell, Buckin Ohio
About Leadership Medina County:
Leadership Medina County is a nonprofit, educational and leadership development organization which exists to build and maintain a county wide network of talented, responsible, and dynamic leaders, who learn first-hand about issues facing Medina County and who serve by assisting in addressing those issues. Leadership Medina County’s three core programs are: Signature Program, Emerging Leaders, and Junior Leadership Medina County.
Learn more and get involved at www.leadershipmedinacounty.org