“Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the program. If you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. This was a wonderful program, and I believe that it will continue to grow.”
“As a graduate of Leadership Medina County, 2014, Class on Fire, this was a wonderful, yet different, enhancement of all Medina County has to offer those who are willing to participate. I look forward to keeping in touch, and helping any way I am able.”
What is Government Academy?
The Government Academy is a series of classes offered through the OSU Extension Medina County and Leadership Medina County for individuals interested in learning about the mechanics and philosophies that impact government action. Classes are taught by experts and faculty from The Ohio State University, local attorneys, elected officials and subject matter experts.
January 17, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Strategic Planning 101
February 21, 2018, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Agriculture, Agritainment, Agritourism, and Food Insecurity
March 21, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Public Meetings and Board Procedures
* April 18, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Dealing with Difficult People and Conflict Management
May 16, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Communications for the Public Official
* August 15, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Crisis Management
* September 19, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Sunshine Ethics
October 17, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Zoning, Taxes, and Lives for Public Officials
November 21, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Strategic Planning 102
* December 19, 2019, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. The Constitution and Criminal Procedure
The University of Akron Medina
6300 Technology Lane
Medina, OH 44256
- $50 per workshop
- Select 5 -9 workshops and use coupon code Pick5 (case sensitive) to receive a 5% discount.
- $450 for 10 workshops (10% discount)